Although I have a very analytical mind and a degree in economics, I find the deep personal connection of doula work most fulfilling. I became interested in doula work after my sister gave birth in 2005, with a less than satisfactory experience. After leaving a job at an investment management firm, some soul searching led me to find that I am very much drawn to helping people–especially in a health-related way–and that I need to be in direct contact with those people. I returned to the doula interest because it seemed to be a perfect fit! I chose to train with CAPPA (Childbirth and Postpartum Professionals Association), then started my own business, and here we are–nearly 5yrs and 55+ births later!
I chose HypnoBirthing for my childbirth education training because family is my highest value, and the HypnoBirthing philosophy is impressive and unique in that it brings birth back into the realm of family values. In today’s maternity wards, among monitors beeping, IVs dripping, wires looping, and nurses cheer leading, it can be easy to lose the wonderment and sanctity of the event–the recognition of the birth or expansion of a family.HypnoBirthing’s inclusion of prenatal bonding exercises and emphasis on the mom-dad connection are my favorite elements of the course.
The name Mind Body Births reflects my belief in the key role of the mind-body connection in the birthing process. From my training and study in hypnosis, I am convinced that the mind is more powerful than most of us realize. The brain already controls every cell in our body–makes our heart pump, lungs breathe, stomach digest–without us ever being conscious of (i.e. thinking about) those functions. Birth is a perfect opportunity to tap into that part of the brain, what is referred to as the “unconscious mind”. All over the world, women in much less technologically developed countries are giving birth confidently and gently, because their culture perceives birth as a normal, natural, safe event–and we can do it, too!
two prenatal visits, during which we will:
- draw up (or go over if you’ve already written them) your Birth Preferences and Baby Care Preferences to provide to the hospital staff; and
- build a trusting relationship and address any personal concerns or issues to bring peace of mind and confidence going into the labor experience (sometimes using relaxation/visualization/hypnosis as you prefer);
- 24/7 phone support as needed during pregnancy, early labor, and postpartum;
- physical, emotional, and mental support during labor and birth, starting at home or hospital, as you prefer, and continuing until two hours after birth or until breastfeeding is established;
informational support and assistance in advocating for yourselves to
- ensure personalized, individualized care that is truly in the best interest of you and your baby’s health; and
- realize your desired birth experience (whatever that may be);
- one postpartum visit including emotional and mental processing of the birth.
50% fewer caesareans
50% fewer preterm births
85% fewer low birth weight babies
70% fewer epidurals
50% fewer labor inductions
50% lower synthetic Oxytocin use
More satisfying birth memories
All HypnoBirthing® Classes are taught in a format of five weekly 2 1/2 hour classes. Classes offered by MBB include the textbook, two relaxation CDs, several handouts, and an individual session with me (instructor) to address any specific individual birthing issues.Classe size is limited to five couples.
HypnoBirthing Childbirth Preparation benefits:
- Teaches you to eliminate the Fear-Tension-Pain Syndrome before, during and after labor
- Eliminates the need for chemical anesthesia in most cases
- Shortens the first stage of labor by several hours
- Eliminates fatigue during labor
- Brings together the mother, baby, and birthing companion in a wonderful
pre-natal bonding experience
- Invites the birthing companion to be an integral part of the birthing, not an onlooker or coach
- Postnatal recovery is rapid & easier
- Birthing is returned to the beautiful & peaceful experience that nature intended
What you will learn:
- Techniques for safe, shorter, and more comfortable birthing through guided imagery, visualization, and special breathing
- Relaxation and self-hypnosis techniques to eliminate the fear and tension that cause long labor and pain, replacing it with confidence, calm & comfort
- An understanding of the body’s natural process during labor in order to be able to create your own natural anesthesia and work with your body instead of against it
This is an example page. It’s different from a blog post because it will stay in one place and will show up in your site navigation (in most themes). Most people start with an About page that introduces them to potential site visitors. It might say something like this:
Hi there! I’m a bike messenger by day, aspiring actor by night, and this is my blog. I live in Los Angeles, have a great dog named Jack, and I like piña coladas. (And gettin’ caught in the rain.)
…or something like this:
The XYZ Doohickey Company was founded in 1971, and has been providing quality doohickies to the public ever since. Located in Gotham City, XYZ employs over 2,000 people and does all kinds of awesome things for the Gotham community.
As a new WordPress user, you should go to your dashboard to delete this page and create new pages for your content. Have fun!
"Nunc luctus porta mi a estib ulum Etiam sem nisl auctor sit amet molestie sed pharetra a purus. Fusce massa dolor, facilisis eu sagittis elementum, porttitor id nisi. Dus vel ipsum neque."